Welcome to Newt Pathway Viewer & Editor
Newt is a free, web based, open source viewer and editor for pathways in Systems Biological Graphical Notation (SBGN). It was written with a series of libraries and extensions based on Cytoscape.js with utmost customization in mind.
What distinguishes Newt from other viewers and editors for biological maps can be summarized as:
- Rich and refined, yet easy-to-use web based UI
- Convenient construction and annotation of pathways from scratch as well as viewing and editing existing maps
- Full support for compound structures (including automatic layout) to properly represent compartments, molecular complexes, and sub-maps
- State-of-the-art complexity management capabilities through hide-show or highlight parts of a map and collapse-expand compound structures
- Advanced diagramming through interactive move, resize, and styling of map objects, re-routing of interactions, and grid & alignment guideline support
- Facilities for querying, viewing, and editing pathways in Pathway Commons
Newt source code can be found on this Github repository.
Newt is distributed under GNU Lesser General Public License.
Newt is expected to work on most major browsers with recent releases without any prior installation or set up.